OpenVentPk team is happy to announce that we have been selected for PEC trials as per the meeting minutes “Daily log PMVS -03-05-2020”. Our trial is planned on 20th May, 2020 inshallah. We are the ONLY “open source team” out of the 11 teams whoes trials are planned. Our National lead R&D facilitator Bilal Siddiqui had been instrumental in making this happen.
We are working towards completion now and the following is update:
1. We are publishing our animations videos of the section that is complete. Check out the excellent work put into by our animations guy Nouman Ghazali.
2. We have Dr. Mazhar sahab on board with us who is developing the casing design for us. He is HOD NCA and had been kind enough to support us in this case along with Tayyab Alam and Mudassir bhai who have been kind enough to volunteer his factory services for fabrication of casing.
3. We have achieved the 4 ventialtor modes that PEC has mandated and now working on the 5th mode so that we will be ready for both invasive and non invasive ventilation. The controls guy Ammar Zafar along with Sohaib Ashraf.
4. We are focusing on the FiO2 control handled by Hamza Azeem which is a bit of a challenge and incorporating the alarms by Syed Salman Alam but inshallah it is in process.
5. Our final schematics has been designed By Ahmed Faraz under the supervision of Dr. Shareef, Sir Wajid and Hamza azeem.
We are inshallah very close to achieving the first open source project in Pakistan. Our sponsors have been kind enough to help us out in this time and our volunteers have also really been exceptional. May allah give ajar to everyone for working for this cause. You can check out all our designs and details at
If you think you can support in anyway. Do contact us or email at firstname.lastname@example.org